DR. VIBHA ARORA
M.D. (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Female wellness is the foundation of a healthy society. The greatest medicine of all is to teach women how not to need it and health literacy is the most important pillar towards achieving that goal of longer and healthier lives. I wish to work towards improving women health across communities through education, promotion of healthy lifestyles and disease prevention.
I would like to leverage my knowledge of Gynecology and almost 17 years of extensive experience in dealing with women health issues – ranging from adolescence to menopausal situations. I wish to achieve this by creating awareness among women of all ages on how by making changes in lifestyle and taking preventive steps one can avoid many gynecological problems – ranging from mild hormonal imbalance to preventing malignancies.
I have more than 17 years of progressive and extensive experience in antenatal and postnatal care and a track record of providing the best diagnostic and surgical care in high-risk obstetric patients. My approach to providing care is primarily consultative and counseling based and if needed, supplemented with major or minor surgical interventions. With an ability to connect with patients by devoting time and a personal touch, I have focused on treating the female patients with a holistic approach, covering physical, emotional and social aspects.
In my various assignments, I have assisted women and adolescents to understand menstrual periods, conception, pregnancy, birth and post pregnancy health. Over these years I have conducted a large number of vaginal deliveries and performed caesarean sections with best possible care and technique. I have performed and assisted various major and minor gynec obstetrics and infertility related procedures including – vaginal and abdominal hysterectomy, exploratory laparotomy, operations for vaginal and uterine prolapse, myomectomy, reconstructive tubal/uterine/ovarian/ vaginal surgeries.
Roles as consultant, Obstetrician & Gynecologist at: –
- Gokuldham Medical Centre, Mumbai (August 2001 to May 2018)
- Sanjeevani Surgical and Maternity Hospital, Mumbai (June 2010 to May 2018)
- Cloudnine Hospital, Mumbai (October 2016 to May 2018)
- Increase in the number of obstetric patients from 5 in a month to 100 within a span of 10-12months.
- High risk obstetrics patients delivered at term minimizing the need of preterm interventions.
- With counseling around lifestyle changes and health education talks brought a significant reduction in polycystic ovarian disease(PCOD) from 1 in 5 to 1 in 10-15
- Performed more than 100 gynecological surgeries to provide menopausal care and treatment.
- Conducted many cancer screening programs, morbidity due to malignancies minimized with early screening, right diagnosis and best treatment plan.
- Organized and conducted various health education programs for adolescent girls which made a huge impact in helping them deal with hormonal problems and infection control.
- Awareness programs for menopausal age group to help reduce risk of osteoporosis.
- Outstanding ability to provide care with emphasis on a holistic approach.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to deliver superior results under extreme pressure.
- Exceptional skills in imparting health teachings for a complete and speedy recovery, with a firm belief that prevention is better than cure.
- Adept in impactful decision making during life threatening situations.
MD, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Seth G. S. Medical Collage & KEM Hospital in 2001.
KEM Hospital is amongst the foremost teaching & Medical care providing institution in India and the biggest tertiary care center of Maharashtra with a capacity of accommodating 1800 patients at a time. It treats 1.8 million OPD and 78000 patients annually).